Re: [IP] forgetting to bolus

> My 11 yr old son has been pumping for 3 months now.  Over the past
> month he has "forgotten" to bolus for a meal 5 different times
> resulting in bg levels in the 400's.  Does anyone else have this
> problem or children that have this problem, and what can we do to
> keep  this from happening?

Happens with everyone, kids and adults. If he has adapted so well to
his diabetes management with a pump that he sometimes forgets he is
diabetic, consider yourself lucky that his mental state is so
positive and think of the problem that other non-pump diabetic
children have with self image.. Gentle reminders should be adequate.