Re: [IP] Can't stay betwen 4 and 7 therefore why bother at all?

****Five days pumping gave me better control than I
> achieved in 27 years of MDI! To date:   54%
improvement in average bg's & 60% fewer hypos.
> Pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  * First post-pump HeA1c = 5.1
> *   (N = 4.3 - 5.8)****

 Hey Darrin!!
Sorry to hear you are having a bad time of it....but
look Darrin what is at the end of your e-mail
message!!!!!! The pump does not give you perfect
control, but it GREATLY improves your control. I still
have highs and lows after 16 months. I am not as
diligent about counting my carbs super accurately and
doing my bgs many times a day. Now that I have been
pumping for a while, I realize that my blood sugars
will never be "normal" but they have improved
dramatically. I still count carbs and do regular
bloodsugars, but I don't go to the extent of measuring
everything out, like I did to start with.
 Darrin, you still got to have a life!!! The pump is
not for the dump. When I was on MDI and would go
through a bad time, it was mostly because there was no
hope for anything better. On the pump, I know that the
bad days that I have will be short lived. I know it
can be sooo frustrating to not be able to get a good
night's sleep and having inconsistent bgs at night. I
have been going through the same thing. I think it may
have to do with the change in seasons. Do you think
you might need a different bolus ratio in the evening
and before bed? Maybe there is not an answer, but I
would be willing to guess that this will not continue
for a long time.
 My heart goes out to you. I wish you had more support
in your area. I find that talking to others and
knowing you are not alone makes a world of difference.
BUT, although there may be many miles between us,
there are many of us here on the IP list to talk to
and give support.
 Darrin, hang in there pump buddy, you are doing
great. Give yourself some credit, you have overcome a
lot of hurdles with your diabetes. It is because you
are strong and determined, use these qualities to get
you through this difficult time. You have accomplished
so much in such a short time on the pump...look at
your A1Cs! I am soooo proud of you and you deserve a
pat on the back and lots of {{{{{{pump hugs!}}}}}}.
 Take care Darrin,
 Your Canadian friend,
Carolyn Green
email @ redacted