Re: [IP] Defective Disetronic Batteries

On 21 Apr 2001, at 22:30, email @ redacted wrote:

> Recently, I have encountered 8 or 9 brand new defective Disetronic
> batteries.   I continue getting the 02 or 03 error code when I
> insert them.   After this  happened 6 times I called Disetronic
> and they sent me 6 new ones that did work.   Since they sent me the
> new ones I have encountered 2 or 3 additional bad ones from a
> different package.  I'm starting to lose confidence that the new
> batteries will work all the time, especially if away from home.
> Anyone else ever have new Disetronic batteries that are dead?
> - Tom C.

Did you try these "dead batteries" in your back-up pump??  I think
this may be an anomaly of the H-tron.  I kept getting an 03 errror
and tried every new battery I had.  Talked with tech on the phone
and took their suggestion and tried my back-up pump.  They all
worked fine.  Sent the "defective" pump in for inspection and it
came back as "no problems encountered."  I think this is the
anomaly, the error seems to get "jammed" into memory until you
remove the batteries for hours.

George Lovelace
Dxed 1964, Pumping 8/13/98
"Disetronic Made Me Whole Again"