[IP] Comparing Pump features

In a message dated 4/21/2001 12:47:46 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> The web site that does the comparisons of the pumps on the market is
>  www.diabetesnet.com/insulin_pump_models.html

This is a nice side-by-side comparison, BUT I do know that the information on
the Animas pump is out of date.  The Animas R-1000A has much more memory
(last 255 alarms, 255 boluses, 255 days of total daily insulin) as well as
some other features.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is out of date info on
other pumps as well . . .

My suggestion would be to use the feature "categories"  on this chart, but
then fill out the data yourself based on the information each maufacturer
sends you.  Once you can clearly see the differences between pumps, it's
easier to know what you need to question -- Any rep. ought to be able to
explain why a certain feature is different from the others  and how that
feature affects you as a pumper . . .

Just remember:  They are all good pumps, and ANY pump is better than shots!