[IP] Basal Rates/Profiles

We are having a real problem with various basal rate needs.  Cory's level of
activity varies a lot from day to day.  On his non active days, we cannot
keep him in a low enough range even with extra boluses.  On his extremely
active days, I reduce the bolus for meals, add extra snacks, set temporary
lowered basals  and he still goes low all night long.  A regular day works
pretty good unless it was preceded by a few of the other days.  My question
is how many basal rates or profiles can be set with a MiniMed 508?  I am sure
there are at least 2 of them.  Somewhere in his start up box there is a
video, perhaps this will guide us through this problem.  His CDE said that
basal rates only need to be changed a few times per year, but he definitely
needs a different amount for his variable lifestyle.
Good news -- Cory has lost 1 1/2 lbs. since Jan. 16th -- date of pump start
up!  His endo warned us that he would GAIN weight and the endo was extremely
concerned about that possibility.  I assured him it wouldn't happen and this
is the proof we needed.
Susan - Grandmother of Cory, age 11