[IP] kinks and HI bgs (long)

Well just had a really BAD afternoon.  Whenever I go shopping at Wal-Mart,
my bg drops.  So, it was 239 PW (pre-Wal-Mart) and I did take .9 before, as
I am not comfy with 239.  So, I got there at about 8:45 AM, , and left at
10:50 AM.  Bg was 58, so sat in my truck and ate my usual crackers before I
drove.  All was well.  Then called hubby to see if he wanted Taco Bell, and
he did.  So I got myself my Nacho's supreme.  Then went to office and ate,
and nibbled a few, about 6, jelly beans.  Took no insulin for that, as bg
still low.  Then ate a piece of sales rep's pizza, and bolused my usual 1
unit for that.
Well, at about 2pm I felt too tired, and checked bg.  389.  Oops!!  Took 2.5
to drop me to 139.  No such luck.  At 245, it had jumped to 495!  Yikes!!
Took another 3 units, trying to remember the unused insulin rule.  BUT at
3pm, I said to hell with the UIR and gave myself 4 units, as it had then
risen to 595.  I took a shot of insulin , 5 units, and rushed home to change
set.  Meanwhile I am dyeing of thirst, grabbed ice water, guzzled about 3
glasses and did set change. I don't have an extra at work, just syringes and
insulin, so am only 15 minutes from home.  Got here, changed cartridge etc,
used a rapid this time, and now am at 338 and feeling better.
I had been using a sample of ultraset and the canula was kinked worse than
an "L" shape!!  It was horrible.  I thought maybe all the junk food, but no,
it was the canula.  So, I am going to my rapids and not get any ultrasets.
My pharmacy said the MM rep told them they were only for kids anyway!  I
asked her if he was crazy.  I liked inserting it, and its been ok for two
days, but then this.  Oh well, life goes on, thank goodness!  And sorry this
is so long

Lori A. Willey
President/CEO
First Express Inc.