Re: [IP] Antibiotics while pregnant

congrats on the decision to start trying to conceive!!  Hope it happens

I must have missed a previous message - what is it that you need
antibiotics for that the doctors are saying you won't be able to treat
while pregnant?
I can't remember which ones, but like Sherry I have taken antibiotics while
pregnant - once for a urinary tract infection and another time when my pump
site got infected - it was a really gross infection - there was tons of pus
in my site when I took the catheter out and it got worse instead of better.
FWIW, I go to a prenatal exercise class where we all compare notes and I do
know that OBs have completely different opinions on what is safe while
pregnant. (some of us were told it's okay to ddrink caffeine/nutrasweet,
etc, others were told we couldn't, I was told I couldn't highlight my hair,
while others were told it was fine, etc.)  So you might be able to shop
around for an OB that will work with you to find a way to treat your
problem with an antibiotic while pregnant.
BTW, Women who test positive for beta strep are given antibiotics during
their deliveries to keep the baby safe - so there have to be some
antibiotics that are safe for pregnant women and their babies.

Hang in there. You're headed down a very exciting and rewarding road.

Betsy, age 34, Type 1 27 years, Disetronic 6 yrs, on third pregnancy with
pump and due in June.