[IP] RE: Glargine

Hi folks,

I have been absent from the list for a while and just read the
last digest and spotted the thread about Glargine.  I was one
of the lab rats that tested that insulin and if anyone is curious
I can share my experience with it.  Of course I am now on a pump,
so I don't use it any more. However, for those who can NOT get on a
pump for some reason ($$$ for example), it might be a reasonible
alternative for them.  Kind of a "poor man's" pump.  i.e. One
basal rate.

I firmly believe that it can be much better than lente and/or Nph
if you are still going the MDI route.

Any way, if anyone is curious about Glargine, or HOE901 as I knew
it, send me email and I will tell you "my" story. ;-)