email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> again, since taking that supplement that has drastically
> lowered my sugars
> all day, i couldnt help but to look up some of the
> ingredients in it..... it
> contains quite a few of the ones listed here and again, it
> something to my sugars!  in fact, my fasting was 56 and i'm
> usually 110.... i
> was low 7 times throughout the day!  now i know a lot of
> people are against
> the herbs, etc, but some of these are simply foods like
> seasonings and stuff
> like that...cant hurt, but as always, consult your physician
> if you dont feel
> comfie  :O)
> the ones i have underlined are the ones that are in this
> supplement i took!
> i will let you know what happens today!!
> 0----------0---------0-----------0---------0

While I'm happy for you if it helps your control, but I would caution you
and everyone else that this is not a controlled trial - the combination is
far to complex to identify which (if any) of these supplements is having the
effect.  This is, in effect, a testimonial, not research.

A further caution: these supplements are essentially unregulated (although
there seems to be a move afoot to bring them into standards), and the doses,
concentrations, extraneous ingredients are pretty much an unknown.  Perhaps
even more of a potential problem is that the interactions between these
supplements and other medications is also largely unknown.  Finally, where
there is an effect, the correct dose has not been established (the correct
dose being defined for a drug as the lowest dose that will have the desired
effect in a statistically significant portion of the target population).

I will reinforce one thing you said, however: CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN before
mixing a bunch of supplements and your medications (it wouldn't be a bad
idea to consult your pharmacist as well).

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR