Re: [IP] Bashing on the IP

In a message dated 4/20/01 12:49:20 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

> I think we all learned a great lesson from this exchange as you point out:
> Tolerance and giving the benefit of the doubt to someone else is paramount
> here.

    Well said....in the almost 3 1/2 yrs that I've been an "IP-er by proxy"
(pump mom), this is the first time I've seen such a potentially volatile
outburst extinguished by caring & compassionate posts in record time. We ALL
( yes, even the parent-posters) deal with enough frustrations,
misunderstandings, disrespect, dismissive attitudes, etc from "outsiders"
regarding the impact of diabetes on our lives that we surely don't need
additional negativity from other IPers.
   If you are "moved" by anyone's post, take the time, as has been mentioned
repeatedly, NOT to hit "reply", but rather to respond directly to the author.
In so doing, you may open up a dialogue with someone that could prove
enriching for both of you, as Darrin has done.
Regards, Renee (pump mom & proud IP-er by proxy!)