Re: [IP] FW: QuickSet priming question

In a message dated 4/19/01 6:55:44 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I did a manual prime before insertion and a 5 unit prime after loading the
resevoir in the pump, but did not prime after the set was in.  We thought it
wasn't necessary since the needle wasn't detached from the tubing during the
prime.  >>

Heather, but didn't you take the metal needle out of the cannula after the
set was in?  That is what the third prime is for -- to fill the space taken
up by that needle.  With bent needles or rapids where the needle is not
removed, you don't need it.

Linda Z