[IP] Get the pump; forget the ex!

> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 19:20:51 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] Frozen Shoulder, Hand Cysts = Irritable Pumper?
> I am considering the use of the pump and really apprieated the
> honest opion
> about your experiences with the pump. Everyone else has seemed to
> go  on and
> on about how great it is and honestly I am scared and nervous
> about this but
> it sems to be my only option If you could share any more honest
> bits I'd be
> so greatful, I am an insulin dependant 3 times daily for the past
> 17 years, I
> am 22 and was diagniosed at the age of 5. I am single and live
> alone I have
> had several seizures due to lows. I am so most embarassed because
> at work I
> had a reaction and the other older ladies that I work with kinda
> made fun of

Let me add my voice to the good advice of others:

You want the pump.  Ignore the idiot co-workers and major good-riddance to
the a****** ex-boyfriend.  Better to be "handicapped" with diabetes than to
be a bigot with a brain the size of a pea.  Even my ex-spouse (who was
amazingly accomplished as a jerk in most ways) had more sensitivity than
that.  And I know, with deep-down certainty, that it does not matter to my
husband if I wear an insulin pump and do not look like a model and sometimes
complain about my arm hurting--he loves ME, and those other things are

You'll find a guy.  Look at your illness (and the pump) as a kind of
screening device to separate the Good Ones from those who aren't worth your

Take Care,