[IP] Medicare coverage of test strips

I also have Medicare but also have Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO as my primary
insurance and my BCBS DOES NOT cover test strips at all.  My Medicare covers
80% of my test strips and I get 5 boxes a month now.  I had to have the
durable medical equipment place call the doctor's office for a new
prescription specifying how many times a day I had to test.  I test 8-10
times a day since I started on the pump.  I only keep my Medicare so my test
strips will be covered every month.  The $50 Medicare premium is cheaper that
what I would have to pay for test strips.  The only problem is if you are
running low on strips you have to wait 30 days to get them refilled.  I had
them filled on February 27th and ran out on March 24th - I had to wait until
the 27th to get more so I ended up buying a box of 25.

Hope this helps.

email @ redacted
T1 diabetic for 16 years, pumping 1 month now and LOVING every minute of it!!!