[IP] Re: future of pumping

I would definitely not go for an implantable pump.  What if the thing went
haywire and didn't respond to whatever outside method you were using to
control it?  I like having the pump at my fingertips.  I guess there's just
so much about this disease I can't control, at least I can manually control
my pump, you know?  As for the 24 hour sensor with the insulin pump, I hope
they come out with that very soon.  I have a really hard time testing bg's-
that is probably one of my biggest hang-ups when it comes to getting into
better control.  It's partly the pain, partly the inconvenience, sometimes
forgetfulness, and of course some part laziness... but it's a struggle to get
myself to test at all for whatever reason, and a 24 hour sensor would be a
lifesaver for me.  My doc is putting me on the 24 hour sensor they have now
that you put on for 3 days then go back to the office, and that will be
nice... but I really would love more than anything to have a bg sensor that I
can insert with my pump site and have the numbers come up on my pump... it
would be very much like an external manual pancreas.  Well, that's my 2 cents
for what it's worth.

"The best way to a man's heart is to saw his breast plate open."
                                                      -Women's restroom,
Murphy's, Champaign, IL