Re: [IP] Insulin nasal spray.....

In a message dated 4/19/01 1:28:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> and
> he told me that the insulin inhaler is coming out next year and YES it is
> for
> type 1 diabetics. Hmmm....how accurate is it?  How do we know how much we
> sniffed up and how much is still slimeing around in our nostrils? Plus, for
> you guys out there with hairy nostrils, how are you going to get the right
> amount if the hair catches most of it??? (Shave the inside of your nose??)
> Anyhow, IF this nasal spray does come out, I'd use it!!! Better than EVER
> having to stab yourself.  Also, IF it's reliable, most likely, most type 1s
> will want to be on this. I think it's a positive step for diabetics!! I
> think
> it shows we're progressing in our disease's treatment.

I'm no expert, but from what i saw on tv when they were doing shows about
this, first it is an inhaler, like for asthma, you breathe it in your mouth.
Second, it didn't seem like the inhaler would do any differently for control
than shots do, for tight control like we want from the pump the inhaler is
not the answer.
Like i said, just my impressions from what I saw....

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01