[IP] Re: THE BOOK???

This also is not a flame.  I just don't understand
some of these things.

Although this may be getting a little old now, I
wanted to address an issue that, surprisingly, has
not been mentioned (that I saw) in this thread.  THE
BOOK is simply an expression of authority.  There
are many THE BOOK's in all disciplines (medicine,
construction, economics, etc.).  I actually work in
a Race and Sports Book in Las Vegas and tell people
that I work in THE BOOK.  I don't understand how any
mention of THE BOOK could even remotely be
considered disrespectful.  Phrases like THE BOOK
must be taken in context.  Wherever I've seen it
here has only been in regard to dm care.  If I see
it in drugs, I would think of the PDR.  At work, in
regards to employment policy, I would think of the
employee manual.

What I haven't seen addressed is that I hadn't
realized that this list was exclusively for
Christians.  Why should people who are not Christian
be concerned about using a phrase as innocuous as
THE BOOK.  Although I may be Christian, I don't feel
that my views should be required on anyone else.
Nor do I want anyone else's views anointed onto me.

Maybe there should be a Christian pumpers list?
email @ redacted
Never knock on Death's door; ring the doorbell and
run (he hates that).