Interesting thread indeed.  Well it does seem that the  THE BOOK and
THE GOOD BOOK do in fact have lots in common:
1.  Both were written and published by human beings.
2.  Both are of great interest and importance to a limited subset of
the human population.
3.  Both describe a way of life
4.  Violating the guidelines set forth in each may cause mental anguish
5.  Violating the guidelines set forth in each has in the past caused
great physical suffering
6.  True believers in each get easily annoyed by those who mock the
rules therein ;-)