Re: [IP] posting private replys

At 08:38 AM 4/19/2001 email @ redacted wrote:
 >I have a questions about something that I was just told privately....When I
 >reply to something on this list but send it directly to the person's private
 >email (not general reply ) do these posts show up on digests?  If this is
 >case I would be very afraid of being able to write any emails to anyone who
 >happens to be on this list having a private emails showing up all over the
 >world.....if you know what I mean!!!!

If the only address listed on your message is a private address, then there
is nothing put into the digest. In fact there would be nothing put into the
Digest, that you don't see when you get individual IP messages. If you're
not sure, go to our web page at http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ and access
the Member's Only area. You can see the archives of all the messages that
are posted here.

When posting to a private address, instead of the list, the safest option
is to use "forward" and then enter the correct email address (I use
copy/paste from the original mail). Using "Reply" or "Reply all" can too
easily put messages on the list that you didn't intend to go there.

Sam Skopp