[IP] Diabesity (obesity and DM used as a new term)

I know how you feel.  My son was a 9 year old very active boy, when he was
diagnose.  He really was you poster child for the definition of "sudden onset
juvenile diabetes."  You would think this would be easy for him to understand
that he didn't do anything wrong to cause this disease to happen.  But when
some student will do a report on "diabetes" at school and not differentiate
between Type 1 and Type 2 and things like lifestyle and poor diet are brought
up he is convinced that the doctors and his parents are lying to him!
Children seem to believe their peers without question!  He asked me "are you
sure the doctors aren't lying to me?"  So I keep educating myself and keep
repeating myself to him.  There was nothing he could do to have stopped this
disease and I won't stop telling him that till he believes me in his heart.

Jocelyn, Brian's mom