RE: [IP] Diabetes chromosome

There are many genes located on many chromosomes that have been linked to
diabetes, type I and different genes/chromosomes for diabetes, type II.  For
type I: chromosomes 2, 5, 6, 10, 11, 14, 15, 18, and X.  This information is
taken from a genetic database that is online called OMIM .  It lists 18
different genes that have been linked to type I diabetes without other
associated problems so far.  It lists other genes that have been found to
cause other genetic syndromes that have diabetes as a feature.  This
database is also updated frequently and available to the public.  It is
highly technical and has a lot of medical lingo, so be advised if you do not
have a medical/genetics background.  Hope this helps!!    Celanie