Re: [IP] Old Juvenile

Well Sylvia, I was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes 42 years ago.
Unfortunately I still have the condition.  But if anybody tries to
change the name of what I have, I'll stick a whoopie cushion under
their chair and have their cell phone call  button trigger a stink
bomb explosion in their car.
-wayne, still juvenile and increasingly more proud of the title each day.

<<<<<<<<<<RE; "Juvenile Diabetes"    I could very well be wrong on
this but I think the
name 'juveline' came from the fact that most type 1's were from the younger
folks.  I don't really think that it is an 'official' name of diabetes.  But
now that more and more older folks are being diagnosed with Type 1 the
'juvenile' name is becoming less and less used.  Type 1-2-3-4-5....is
basically what I think is used now.  I know this isn't that big of a deal but
when a 40 something is diagnosed with Type 1 shows that this is no longer a
'juvenile-onset' diabetes.
Just my thought on this subject.........