Re: [IP] Old Juvenile

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:05:20 EDT, email @ redacted wrote:
> RE; "Juvenile Diabetes"  I could very well be wrong on this but I think the
> name 'juveline' came from the fact that most type 1's were from the younger
> folks.

There is another consideration that is always overlooked: What about
those few of us who were diagnosed when we were juveniles and have
survived into our golden years. We are still juvenile diabetics, and
we are still Type 1 diabetics. Any individual who tries to label me as
a Type 2 just because my age is 68 is going to have a real battle on
their hands.