[IP] Re: Question about surgery?

> I have had surgery scheduled at 7:30 am, I had to
stop eating and
> drinking after midnight and today I am to have
surgery almost 4 hours later,
> why is the cut off time always midnight?  Seems
like I should have until 4 am
> this time.

IMO, they do it this way to be consistent.  Doesn't
matter what time your surgery, everyone knows that
'no eating, drinking after midnite' is the rule.
When you see the anesthesiologist before the slicing
and dicing, and you told him/her that you ate after
midnite but more than 12 hours earlier, they would
not cancel the job, but it would be their decision.
This way they don't have to trust anyone to get it
right and they are sure you are given the
email @ redacted
Most people work just hard enough to avoid being
fired, and
are paid just enough money to keep them from
 - George Carlin