[IP] the ball is rolling

     Feeling pretty positive today.  Saw my endo yesterday and we have
started the process towards getting a pump.  Contacted the CDE and
insurance today.  Only hours away from deciding on a pump. It is nice to
have an active doctor.  I have had diabetes since 1991 and have never
learned as much during that time as I have since seeing him (since Nov.
00) and finding IP and "Pumping Insulin".  I have switched to Humalog
and started a sliding scale.  Unfortunatley the A1c has only increased
but now the insurance co. can't say no.  Today my doctor called to say
he has selected me and four other patients to test out the continous
glucose sensor with MiniMed.  I felt so "special" for being picked!
Kinda of silly but I am young well educated person that has tried it the
old way and I feel I deserve a little special attention. So thank you.