[IP] Inserting Quick Sets

Sarah Arnal wrote:
> > I will begin pumping in 17 days and right now I am just trying to decide
between the different MM infusion sets. So far the quick set looks best for me
but a have one question that I am just not sure about. The phamphlet says I
HAVE TO use that insertion device to insert the quick sets, but I prefer to
stick it in myself. Is really a big deal if I chose to do it myself? > >

> This is not a bad question.  Yes you can insert it yourself.

I inserted the Sof-Sets myself for 6 years until I had one that kinked. I
called MiniMed and was told that can happen without the quick action of the
Sof-Serter. I didn't know they made one then, but they sent me a free one and
I have not had a kinked set since. I think the reason they *insist* the
insertion device be used is because the hand action isn't as *sure* as the
device action. YMMV (~_^)

He is either the biggest fool there ever was, the biggest liar there ever was,
or He told the truth. PTL, He is risen!