[IP] Results of Neph visit

I hate to say this but if you only have 16% kidney function left I would be
very careful of the amount of potassium you consume.  This includes tomatoes,
potatoes, oranges (including juice) and many other foods you would not think
about.  When I found out about my kidney function, or lack there of, I was at
13% and that went downhill really fast.  I was diagnosed in March/APril and
went on dialysis in July.  It is not fun and I know what you are going thru.
The swollen ankles, shortness of breath, weight gain (actually is is all
fluid).  Water pills can only help for so long.  After a certain point they
no longet help.  You may be going to the bathroom a lot but actually you are
not peeing out any of the bad stuff.  The only way for that to come off is to
have dialysis.

Sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news but I am just trying to help.  I
have been where you are now and it is easy to take renal failure for granted.
 If you would like to know more or would like to chat, please email me

Gina Gracey
email @ redacted
Type I diabetic 16 years, pumping 1 month and loving every minute of it