Re: [IP] 8 year old - pumping 3 weeks

In a message dated 4/17/01 3:55:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Is it important to follow quite rigidly the "Diabetic diet" while getting the
> pump figured out??  This is what the Dr. keeps saying.

noooooo!!!!!!!!!!  i would suggest maybe being just a little consistent over
the days you are testing so you know what is bolus problems and what are
basal problems......but that is the freedom of the pump......
i would think in the beginning like i did that you should write everything
down as far as carbs, but being that rigid IMO (in my opinion) isn't THAT
also, i increase/decrease my basals by 1/10th about two hours before i want
the effect........YMMV (your milege may vary)..........
good luck!