[IP] Re: When insulin was marketed

Thanks Jan for the history of insulin marketing.
I was interested in how widespread was its distribution in the early years,
and if you had to be wealthy to be able to have it as a treatment?  Or just
be living in the right place?  as is now the case with insulin pumps.

Ginny asks about treatments before insulin.  Well the standard treatment from
what I recall being discussed in Michael Bliss's book The Discovery of
Insulin, was starvation.  Parents were told their children had only a few
months to live.  This book has photographs of some early patients.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7