Re: [IP] Need Info re: Mono please

> Hi!
> Unfortunately there's been a spate of mono cases in our are this
> past week and my 16 y/o pumper Liz was one of those diagnosed. Thank
> goodness for the pump because it certainly makes life easier when
> her fever spikes and causes a corresponding bg increase. Does anyone
> have mono with diabetes experience they can share with me? (ie:
> length of illness, problems to look out for, etc.)  FWIW, this
> morning at 2am she did a supplemental bolus with a syringe instead
> of the pump since her bg's jumped to 320. She was quite surprised
> that the syringe caused her more discomfort than inserting a sil!

Tell her to give her injections the SAME way she inserts the Sil
..... sideways under the skin. The abdomen is a great spot for this,
lots of skin the really has very few nerve endings. I
demonstrated this to Lily (on me, of course) as a prelude to pumping
7 years ago. She finally tried it and hasn't done an injection in an
arm or leg since then.