[IP] Need Info re: Mono please

Unfortunately there's been a spate of mono cases in our are this past week
and my 16 y/o pumper Liz was one of those diagnosed. Thank goodness for the
pump because it certainly makes life easier when her fever spikes and causes
a corresponding bg increase. Does anyone have mono with diabetes experience
they can share with me? (ie: length of illness, problems to look out for,
FWIW, this morning at 2am she did a supplemental bolus with a syringe instead
of the pump since her bg's jumped to 320. She was quite surprised that the
syringe caused her more discomfort than inserting a sil!
All comments and suggestions are appreciated!
Linda V.