Re: [IP] mri

In a message dated 4/17/01 11:40:44 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I use a silhouette infusion set.  I don;t think the part that is
stuck to me has any metal but they insist that I remove it also when I
disconnect for the mri. >>

I guess, since you will get home so quickly afterwards, it shouldn't matter a
whole lot, but this does surprise me.  Have you asked MiniMed? (I assume that
is your pump, since you said silhouette).  I know they will tell you not to
take the pump anywhere near the room with the MRI.

I have not had an MRI, but when I have had to disconnect for other tests
(none where I had to remove the site <gr.>), I just prime bolus, before
disconnecting, the minimum amount I expect to miss from basal while
disconnected.  Then, after reconnecting, I prime bolus for any additional
lost.  Basically the same thing I do for a shower <gr.>.

Linda Z