Re: [IP] how far to insert a sil?

In a message dated 4/16/01 9:52:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Just thought I would pass along the experience :)
> If it is so painful, don't do it but the more of the cannula that is not
> buried the greater the chance of infection. the idea is to bury it up to the
> hilt to minimize infection spot

hmmmm,  my trainer cde told me it was supposed to be left out a little bit,
even to 1/4 of an inch....
now i don't know what to think,
anyway, I just push mine til it won't go in any farther, it's never gone all
the way in, i use tenders....

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000