[IP] how far to insert a sil?

My question to the medical professionals on the list:
Could pushing the introducer needle farther than it wants to go, with a lot
of
pressure, cause some tissue damage at the insertion site and bruising under
the skin?

Just thought I would pass along the experience :)
If it is so painful, don't do it but the more of the cannula that is not
buried the greater the chance of infection. the idea is to bury it up to the
hilt to minimize infection spot