Toddler pumpers Re: [IP] What month were you diagnosed?

--On Monday, April 16, 2001 6:39 PM -0500 Missi Cahill
<email @ redacted> wrote:r
> Also, she still fights infusion site changes... Moms any suggestions?  And
> how long did it take for your small children to adjust to the changes

Missi -
Sorry i have no experience with pumping and kids - but as the mother of a 3
year old and a 19 month old, I give you and all the other mothers of young
pumpers the utmost credit. I cannot for the life of me imagine getting
either of my girls to allow me to get an infusion set in. for me it is a
huge struggle even to cut their fingernails!!!  I also can't imagine how
these toddler pumpers don't pull the dern sets out all the time.
I'm sure the pump makes managing her diabetes a lot easier though, and I'm
glad you have the patience to go through this with her.
 - Betsy, age 34, Type 1 27 years, Disetronic 6 yrs, on third pregnancy with
pump and due in June.