[IP] Re: To the doctors tomorrow & medicaid and pump

In a message dated 4/16/2001 3:49:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Definitely Congrats on the Medicaid, but... it depends on what state you
> live in whether or not it will be covered.  In Texas NO state programs cover
> the pump!  My daughter is on Chronically Ill and Dependant Children (CIDC)
> and they wouldn't even cover the 20% my insurance didn't.  Even though her
> numbers ran from 35 to off her meter!!!   Also, our mayor in Austin Texas
> has been fighting to get Medicaid to cover it....  I pray that in your state
> it is covered and that it is this easy!!!!  I will keep Ashley and you in my
> prayers!!
> Missi

Thank you so much Missi.  Even if Medicaid will not pay for the pump I am
lucky enough to have a back up plan.  I think I already posted here about the
school nurse who has already found someone who will finance the pump for us.
I am just hoping if that is what we need to do that medicaid will pay for
supplies.  I am really thrilled to have strips, insulin & everything else
taken care of by medicaid.  And now we can take her to the doctor more often.
 Which I knew with the pump we would need alot more doctors visits & endo's
visits & diabetes educator visits.  The school nurse also wants to set me up
with a dietician friend of hers.  It has been 5 years since I have talked to
one & I am sure it would help.

  Kim...........Mom of Ashley(diabetic for 5 years & not pumping yet)