[IP] What month were you diagnosed?

I was diagnosed on August 11, 1994, a few weeks after my 12th birthday.  The
only other person in my family with diabetes is my cousin (diagnosed in
July).  My mom knew the symptoms, so when I started to go to the bathroom
literally every 15 minutes, drink gallons of water and juice a day, and I
lost 20 pounds in less than 2 weeks, it was off to the doctor for me, (even
though I felt perfectly normal and insisted that there was nothing wrong).
When I got there my BS was 962 after not eating for 5 hours.  I was in the
hospital for a week and almost missed the first day of 6th grade.