Well, after 7 years of sof-sets I got up the nerve to try something new.  The quickset went in painfree and it is great!  I love the way 1 piece of tape holds it in place when normally I needed 2-3 pieces of tape with the sof-sets.  Question is:  when I disconnect for a shower or whatever do I HAVE TO put the protective cap on the site?  I tried to use the cap when I showered but I couldn't get it to lock onto my site so I ended up tucking Pumpy into a shower cap and wrapping him around the shower curtain bar.  Needless to say, the shower was not very relaxing because I was worried he would fall BUT the tape did stick great even with a high powered steamy hot shower.
Anyway, anyone have any water experiences with quick sets without the protective covering??

Mel and pumpy