[IP] re:Static

I have had a Minimed 508 pump for the past last 5 months.  Just recently I
have had two occurrences of STATIC Electricity (so I've been told by
Minimed).  During these episodes the pump turns off completely and you then
have to reprogram the machine (with date, basal rates etc).  One time I was
not aware it happened and went to give a bolus and realized, it was dead!  I
was told by Minimed that this is a normal occurrence with all the Minimed
machines, and they sent me a static guard carrying case(for free).  These
static moments happened when I was away for a week and that to me was quite
scary, so now I no longer trust my pump.  I'm interested in knowing if other
people have had this problem and if so, could you tell me which Minimed
model you have and for how long have you had it.  Thank you so much!  Roni