Re: [IP] Annual Update on Melissa's Kidney Saga (long)

     Other than being an inconvenience, the 24 hr urine is THE best way to
run an annual check. The odds are EXCELLENT that everything is normal, but if
they're not, given the successful results with ACE inhibitors, it's prudent
to be apprised of this very very early indicator.
   As for your other IP post about your son's high bgs during illness, the
other suggestion I've seen (although Melissa has rarely done so) is to
increase the basals across the board, analagous to given additional insulin
via shots during illnesses. If you have Pumping Insulin, I'm sure there's a
chapter devoted to how to do this. Good luck!!
regards, Renee