[IP] Pain with laser

Had total of 8 sessions 10 years ago.  Still have 20/20 vision (with
glasses..nearsighted before all this)  Stable 10 years.  Now as to the pain.
There was no way I was going to have the "needle under the eye" unless he put
me out...we all have our things (I can pass a kidney stone at work, but don't
mess with my eyes or teeth!)  Anyway, all lasering done without anesthesia
and learned some interesting things.  There was more pain the closer to the
optic disc ( it's a nerve ending, makes sense) and the faster he went the
more pain, conversely, the slower the less the pain.  My Dr was wonderful
about this.  I probably took twice as long, but I have the ability to hold my
eyes very still, he would accomodate speed to my tolerance, and I got through
it with just tylenol.

Good luck.  Linda