[IP] Rash on foot-help!

Could use some input here.  I have had a rash on the inside of my right foot
by my ankle for about 4 wks.  My doctor thought it was athlete's foot and I
have been using prescription medicated cream but I think it is getting
bigger.  It does itch and seems irritated but it does not seem like athlete's
foot.  I am really concerned that it may get out of control as it is not
responding to treatment (right now it is about 3" high 2" wide).  I think I
am going to ask for a referral to see a dermatologist.  Does anyone out there
have any advise?  I do not want to end up with an out of control foot
infection. I have been very careful about keeping the area dry and clean.
Please let me know what you think.

Thank You,  Linda