Re: [IP] was Animas pumpers/ now pump malfunction

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 email @ redacted wrote:

> Heather,
> I too had a pump malfunction five days into pumping (not Animas).  And mine
> malfunctioned on a Sunday morning which meant I couldn't receive a
> replacement until Tues.  That 24 hour replacement guarantee only applies
> Mon-Fri.  I was so upset - it was almost like being diagnosed all over again.

Remember folks, you do not have to use NPH or Lente whene there is no
pump. You only have to find a way to supply basal insulin at the right
time in the right amount. We have been very successful doing this with
regular insulin and switching right back to the pump without any
adjustment or waiting for NPH or lente to flush out of the system. YMMV,
but I'd suggest asking your medical team about it if the situation