[IP] Why It's Not So Bad Being a Diabetic

I like to say, diabetes is not who I am--it doesn't define me.  I may
happen to be one, but it isn't what makes me, me!
Also, remember the days when we were told we couldn't eat any sugar of
any kind?  Now we know simple sugar isn't necessarily the culprit.  We
know how to count carbs, how to pump insulin, how to at least get a
little closer to being normal.
My biggest gripe is trying to express this to people who don't
understand (things like how it's ok to eat a dessert once in awhile, or
how it doesn't mean you are "going crazy" if you have low sugar.)  Well,
then again, maybe the person from the other planet had a few too many