Re: [IP] arms & freestyle accuracy (less than 5% error!!)

In a message dated 4/16/01 12:10:34 AM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted
writes:

> So, as a general RANT,....I am so sick of the dang bandaids these drug
> companies keep coming up with!!  How DARE they insist we accept a 20%
> variance on these stupid meters?????

the FreeStyle is a less than 6% on back to back tests!  it's stated in their
insert for the strips.....also, they say they are only 2% off lab test on
finger sticks..... i forget the arm stick vs lab but it isnt that much
higher!  you can call therasense to get the exact lab comparisons, but again,
the back to back stats are in the insert for the strips!!  i think that is
awesome compared to some of the other meters  :O)
i was the one doing millions of back to back tests with the ultra and fast
take and had problems with even more than 20%........ i have not had a single
problem or ever had a back to back with more than a 5pt difference with my
freestyle (knock on wood)....but again, its' a matter of preference.....and
YMMV!!!  I'M NOT SAYING ANY ONE METER IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER......I'M JUST
SAYING I MYSELF HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GREAT RESULTS WITH MY FREESTYLE!!  my
lab test showed my glucose at 101 and my meter said 100   :O)
-----
gina, mr clicks (MM508) & mr pokey (FreeStyle meter)
dx'd 11/83..... pumping 2/01 and have never felt better  :O)