[IP] Dis letter repost requests

There have been requests to repost the copy of the letter to Disetronic
about the waterproof issue for those who may have missed it. So here it
is. Again, please email me by tomorrow if you wish to be added to the
group signature list. We currently have about 30 signatures. Also if you
want to send the "individualized" letter or see the current list of
signers for the group letter, visit

Dr. Patrik DeHaes
President and CEO
Disetronic Medical Systems, Inc.
5151 Program Avenue
St. Paul, MN

Dear Dr. DeHaes:
This letter has been composed by a group of H-Tron and H-Tron+ insulin
pump users. Due to the physical distance separating us, we are unable to
all physically sign this document. However, the names of all signers are
attached. E-mail contact information is provided for most of them, and
because we are users of your pumps, you likely already have other
contact information about us such as phone numbers and addresses. If you
wish to confirm the validity of these signatures, please feel free to
contact any/all of us. In addition, you will be receiving individually
signed versions of this letter from many of us and from others who did
not sign this document.

Your insulin pumps have enabled many of us to achieve significant
improvements in blood glucose levels and HbA1C tests. For others, pump
use has helped lead to a reduction or slowing in diabetic complications.
Almost all of us believe that the pump has allowed us to have a quality
of life much greater than we could have achieved using injections.

We would first like to thank you for your honest and open attitude
regarding the recent problems with the H-Tron pumps and water. We
realize that Disetronic took a great risk financially by admitting these
problems, and we are glad that you cared enough to warn us of these
problems even though the risk to our health and safety is small.

However, we would like to know what future steps Disetronic will be
taking to address this issue. Many of us enjoy watersports such as
swimming or jet-skiing. For those of us who participate in these
activities for an extended period of time it may not be practical or
safe to simply disconnect from our pump, or to return to injections
during this time. In addition, some of us use infusion sets that cannot
be disconnected from the pump, and it is a great inconvenience to remove
and reinsert infusion sets every time we participate in watersports or
bathe. When we first began pump therapy, many of us chose the H-Tron
specifically for this reason - we need a waterproof pump.

Summer, the season for water activities, is approaching quickly, and it
would be greatly appreciated if Disetronic could address this issue
before then. Even a temporary fix such as a waterproof carrying case
(similar to MiniMed's Sport Case) would be helpful to some of us.

Additionally, we would like to let you know that many of us have been
pumping for some time and, despite the reports of problems, we would
feel completely comfortable continuing to take our H-Trons into the
water just as we had been doing. We always keep materials on hand to
deal with any hypoglycemic event, and we are equipped to deal with any
malfunction of the pump resulting in over-delivery. However, we were
disappointed to see that such an activity would now void our warranty
(as stated in http://www.disetronicusa.com/releases/faqsupp.asp).

Thank you for your time and attention. We look forward to hearing from
you on these issues.