[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #56

I have a question for all the pros out there. I have been
pumping since Jan. 2001, its okay, I not totally excited
about this little box being "attached" to me 24/7 and I
have had trouble with the sites getting irritated - my
stomach looks like a road map of little red dots - so my
first question is: Where else can I wear this thing? - not
legs - too tough for that. Any suggestions would definetly
be welcomed. Also, I am a total sun bum on the week-ends
during the summer. I know Im not the only one, even tho its
not the "healthy" thing to do. However, what am I going to
do with the pump? I understand the MM 508 is not
waterproof? and if I disconnect and leave the site with the
tubing in - what if it gets wet? Is that harmful? It seems
to me it would be. I certainly don't want to disconnect
completely everytime I go out by the pool. If any of you
can help please write. Thanks.   MJ Wyatt
--- insulin-pumpers-digest <email @ redacted> wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest     Sunday, April 15 2001
> Volume 05 : Number 056

> This issue of the digest contains:
> [IP] Eyes not seeing colors/colours
> [IP] Show needs a DMer
> [IP] REMOVE ME!!!!
> [IP] Professionals
> [IP] Speech 4/16/01
> Re: [IP] Why I am glad I am not diabetic
> [IP] Re: MY 'CINNABON' OUTING...... FUNNY!!
> Re: [IP] What is Michael?
> : [IP] SPLENDA
> [IP] Re:cinnabon
> Re: [IP] REMOVE ME!!!!
> : Re: [IP] What's a Cinnabon??
> Re: [IP] What's a Cinnabon/Nutritional Content
> Re: [IP] SPLENDA
> [IP] Re:hematoma and arms don't hurt?
> Profile of William Meador <email @ redacted>
> Re: [IP] What's a Cinnabon??
> Re: [IP] SPLENDA
> Re: [IP] Wow!
> : [IP] Types of DM
> Re: [IP] REMOVE ME!!!!
> Re: : [IP] Types of DM
> Re: [IP] SPLENDA
> [IP] Dx in April--3 years!
> Re: [IP] SPLENDA
> Re: [IP] What's a Cinnabon??
> Re: [IP] Hi Thanks For The Support
> Re: [IP] Re: MY 'CINNABON' OUTING...... FUNNY!!
> Re: [IP] Show needs a DMer
> Re: [IP] What's a Cinnabon??
> Re: [IP] Professionals
> [none]
> Profile of barbara <email @ redacted>
> Profile of Sharon Marion <email @ redacted>
> RE: [IP] Types of DM
> [IP] Rice Krispies - recipe and nutritional info
> [IP] Rice Krispies - recipe and nutritional info
> RE: [IP] Hi Thanks For The Support
> [IP] smart charts
> Re: [IP] SPLENDA
> Re: [IP] how I can be on insulin and not be
> Re: [IP] Why I am glad I am not diabetic
> Re:  [IP] WHAT MONTH WERE YOU DX'D?
> Re: [IP] Disetronic Waterproof Issue & Legal Opinions
> [IP] Rice Krispies Treats by Kelloggs
> Re: [IP] Disetronic Waterproof Issue:  Legal Opinions?
> [IP] Cinnabons

> Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 14:08:48 -0500
> From: "J Hughey" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Eyes not seeing colors/colours

> variance in wavelength;
> the brain assigns "hues" to thses variances which are
> learned as children) etc
> etc.>>>
>
> I heard a report this weekend that a new procedure for
> colorblindness is being
> called a 100% success with 30 subjects. They have made
> lenses that inhance
> colors and all *testers* had marked improvement. They
> said to contact (pardon
> the pun) your optometrist (hopefully ophthalmologist,
> too) for details. It was
> then suggested to look in the white pages (yellow
> couldn't be detected????)
> for the doctor.  ;)
>
> Jan (61 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue
> (MM507C 3/99)
> http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND
> http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics
> [...]
=== message truncated ===