[IP] MerckMedco BG Strip Quantity Problems

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can deal with MerckMedco's problem filling
a prescription with the proper quantity? Here's what happened:
Our insurance carrier offered us the choice of paying a copay every month for
prescriptions or ordering through MerckMedco where we'd get a three months supply for
a two month copay. Sounded like a pretty good deal so I switch over everything but my
insulin because I didn't want to worry about possible shipping problems. All the
prescriptions were filled okay except for the strips for my Glucometer Elite XL
strips. The doctor wrote it for 900 strips with 3 refills (I am very insulin
sensitive so very frequent testing is required). MerckMedco sent one box of 100
strips and charged me two copays. I called them back and they insisted they RX was
written for 90 strips. I know it was for 900 - I checked the amount before mailing. I
suggested that 100 strips for 90 days for an insulin dependent diabetic should cause
any qualified pharmacist to question the order. They said they would have the RX
pulled and recheck the quantity. I wasn't surprised that they stuck with their
original story and offered to send me a copy of it. I received the copy. One edge of
the scanned copy has plenty of black showing before the copy and the other side is
conveniently cut off following the number 90. Of course I had already been assured
that they wouldn't change the amount on the prescription!
I let that ride and had the doctor write another prescription and on this one she put
to test 6 - 7 times per day and a total of 830 strips. I questioned the office about
the 6 - 7 times per day not equaling 830 and was told that this would be acceptable
and they were to be called if there were any problems. Okay, I mailed this in and
yesterday received 700 strips. Between the two prescriptions I have now received 800
strips (less than a three month supply for the copay of four months)  WOW, what a
great savings, right?
Can I ask for the return of the original first prescription back instead of the
scanned copy and what are the chances of getting it? Can a pharmacy supply business
change the written total quantity on the second prescription without talking with the
doctor writing the prescription? Do I have any recourse here? I'm certainly not going
to try to order through MerckMedco again and will go back to purchasing locally but
would like to recoup some of my expenses. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks  Donna