[IP] Arms don't hurt?

In a message dated 4/15/2001 1:22:59 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I alternate between my regular lancet device on my fingers
>  and the vaculance on my arms or thighs.  It's nice to get the blood sample
>  from somewhere other than my fingers.  There are times when I just CAN'T
>  poke my poor fingers again!  I think I'm learning how to use the vaculance
>  so that it won't cause a bruise.

Katie does the same thing -- alternating between vacculance and arms, and
"old" softclix lancet and fingers --  based on how her fingers/arms feels and
how patient she feels (since getting a sample with the vacculance takes a bit
longer) .  .  . The "make a fist"  idea didn't seem to help her get a good
sample with the vacculance, but letting it suction her skin for maybe 15
seconds before triggering the lancet and then rocking the vacculance from
side to side after lancing seems to get an adequate sample to the surface
much more quickly . . .