: [IP] Types of DM

In a message dated 4/15/2001 12:20:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
This morning I met a neighbor who was diabetic. I was ready to go into my
spiel, and said, Are you type one or type two??  He said, I don't know what
that means. Oh oh, I thought, Ive got my work cut out for me now!!!  He is
type one. I told him about this website and he said he would check it out,
but also said he was so well regulated that he had no need for a pump. When I
started to pull mine out of my pocket, he waved his hand at me and said, oh,
I know all about them already. Now I knew immediately that I was wasting my
time with this guy.!  I mentioned a little of what the pump has done for me,
and was told that he never had low blood sugar reactions, never was in the
hospital because of his diabetes. etc, etc. Boy, I want to be like that
guy!!! Joan