From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf
Of Nick Trubov, Lorree, U.P., & Corbin
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2001 1:59 PM
To: email @ redacted; email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] how I can be on insulin and not be

> Please enlighten me, how you can be on insulin and not be a diabetic?

CM,

I was hoping that I would not have to go into this in detail. I am from
another
galaxy and in the planetary system from which my people come we are
unable to
metabolize what you people term "carbohydrates". We normally "eat" what
YOU
would call heavy metal compounds. To be able to function in this world I
have
developed a metabolic substitute that requires the additional infusion
of
various available compounds, such as "insulin" to enable me to use CHO
as a
nutrient source. My only other available option would have been a copper
based
energy source, such as that used by crustaceans. The reality, though,
prevented
the accrual of sufficient energy to make this a viable option.

Thank you for your concern, and have a very happy Easter.

I usually use about five units of human insulin for each Cadbury caramel
egg
that I consume. This is a very convenient energy source.

Nick Trubov